Perfect Order, a Boise company which specializes in helping people organize their homes and offices, has launched “Senior Moves,” a new service designed to help older adults and their families with the emotional, mental and physical aspects of relocating, downsizing, or aging in place
Professional organizers with the Senior Moves program are trained to help people sort and categorize items, and decide what to what to keep and what to let go of. The service is designed for people who must relocate quickly, people who can no longer maintain their home, people with declining health who have little or no surviving family, family members or people grieving from a recent illness or a loss of a loved one, people dealing with a build-up of belongings, families struggling with age-related illnesses and conflict, and adult children that need help moving their parents or family members.
This is a very important service, as one of the biggest challenges for older people is not knowing where to start. Senior Moves director Lori Davies told me, “When faced with a lifetime of treasures, memories, belongings and papers, it can be emotional and overwhelming.” But Senior Moves can break the process into manageable pieces that can be divided up between family and friends, or they’ll handle the complete process from beginning to end.
Here’s some of the services they offer:
• helping people sort belongings into groups to keep, pass down to family, give away, or sell;
• Arranging to ship, store, sell, or donate belongings;
• Pre-packing non-essential items to make a move easier;
• Paring down stored paper records, and shredding confidential paper;
• Helping plan a new home’s layout to determine what furniture to move;
• Helping a person get settled in a new home;
• Sorting, dispersing and preparing an estate for sale after a family member has passed away.
Another unique service is that they work with “aging-in-place” professionals to help a person remodel their home so they can continue to live there safely as they age and their lifestyle changes.
This program is the only local senior moving service certified by the National Association of Senior Move Managers.
For more information call 208-323-6761 or visit the website at www.perfecttransitions.com.